We invite you to join Regional Scrum Gathering Kolkata 2021 in the spirit of friendliness, open-mindedness and respect. We do not tolerate harassment in any form.
At Regional Scrum Gathering Kolkata, you agree to:
- Respect the boundaries of other attendees.
- Avoid aggressively pushing your own services, products or causes.
- Respect confidentiality requests by speakers and other attendees.
- Look out for one another.
These behaviours are not tolerated at Regional Scrum Gathering Kolkata Conference:
- Being disruptive, drinking excessively, stalking, following or threatening anyone.
- Abuse of power (including abuses related to position, wealth, race or gender).
- Homophobia, racism or behaviour that discriminates against a group or class of people.
- Sexual harassment of any kind, including unwelcome sexual attention and inappropriate physical contact.
Here’s how you demonstrate your accountability for your behaviours:
- Avoid using language that can be offensive.
This includes topics that can make others feel threatened and/or uncomfortable. Insensitivity and/or jokes towards any the following are violations of the code of conduct: gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size/shape, race, religion, age.
- Avoid topics and issues that are polarizing.
Demonstrating excessive behaviors and statements regarding polarizing topics will make others uncomfortable and often trigger negative responses. Insensitivity in continuance of such behaviors will be considered a violation.
- Avoid acts to further romantic interests.
Unwanted verbal advances or suggestive and flirtatious physical contact are the most certain ways to make someone feel threatened, uncomfortable and/or harassed.
- Avoid dishonesty and bullying.
Regional Scrum Gathering Kolkata is committed to:
- Investigate all incidents reported at an event with discretion and confidentiality.
- Reserves the right to bar any person who violates our Code of Conduct from attending Regional Scrum Gathering Kolkata in its entirety or in part, and/or to cancel the entry fee of the person without refund.
HOW TO REPORT A VIOLATION
If you need to report a violation of the code of conduct, please contact us in one of the following three ways:
- Find a member of the conference staff or volunteer and tell them “I need to report a Code of Conduct violation.” They will bring you to a safe place where the appropriate people will get involved.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the violation.
- Please provide as much info as you feel comfortable providing.
HOW WE HANDLE CONDUCT VIOLATIONS
We have put together a committee of organizers and volunteers. This committee will be called upon to consider each reported violation.
The following is what you can expect from the committee when a violation is reported:
- For immediate risks or threats, please contact venue security and/or the local police and/or find a volunteer to help you.
- We will find a private place to talk with the offended party and/or the offender.
- We will ask who the offending party was, what was said or done, who else was involved (if any), and the name of any witnesses (if any), as well as when and where the incident took place. We may have additional follow up questions, depending on the situation.
Our Follow Up
Once we have the initial report, the committee will determine the next steps. Depending on the severity of the violation, the committee may report the incident directly to venue security and the police if they have not yet been called.
If the committee is reasonably certain that venue security and the police are not required, the following will happen:
- We will find the offender(s), let them know that we have received a complaint, and hear their side of the story.
- We will then immediately meet as a committee to decide the response, or if we need to talk to additional parties we will; after which we will then decide the response.
- Carry out our response.
- We may then address the community, letting them know that something happened, it violated our code of conduct, and we took care of it.